Skin is one of the most challenging organs as it involves rasa (plasma/lymph), rakta(blood), muscles (mamsa), and majja(nerves) that are present in the 7 layers of the skin. When deeper skin layers are affected, it takes more time to show results. Putting creams, oils on the outer layer will not remove the cause which is in the deeper layers of the skin as well as at the gut level. In fact, doing only rejvenative therapies or herMind eventually gets involved which needs to be addressed.
It has digestive, inflammatory components. So require the following –
1st/ Detox phase- 4-6 weeks
- Balance the digestive strength (agni) with help of diet and herbs
- Digest the undigested food/ toxins (ama) from the gut with help of herbs.
- Symptoms like itching, redness, oozing are managed with herbs which will change throughout the management.
- Oils or dhanyamla dhara suggested according to the stage of the problem, whether itching or oozing etc.
- Diet according to the imbalance in the doshas (vikruti) keeping in mind the body constitution (prakriti) of the person
2nd/Balance phase – 2 – 6 months
- Balance the doshas involved in the health condition with herbs and diet.
- Herbal protocol will change within the 2nd phase depending on which doshas are left in an imbalance state. Mostly all doshas are involved but different doshas get more exposed as the previous doshas get balanced. There is a sequential order of balancing the doshas depending on the symptoms that change with following the protocol.
- Weekly or monthly mini-purgation (virechana) to remove toxins.
- If needed, panchkarma is suggested for best results.
- Therapies like shirodhara, takradhara for the mind.
3rd/Rejuvenate phase – 6-12 months
- Rejuvenate the tissues so the problem does not recur
- Balance the immunity so it does not attack your own cells.
- This is done with the help of nourishing therapies, rejuvenative herbs and maintaining a balanced diet according to your body constitution (prakriti) as well as keeping in mind the imbalance of doshas (vikruti) that you are prone to.