Indigestion, bloating, constipation or diarrhea and other gut related problems have become prevalent worldwide. When the digestion is weak, and the food consumed is not according to our body constitution and when there is erratic food habits then it causes gut related problems. These have digestive and inflammatory components. So require the following –
1st/ Detox phase- 4-6 weeks
- Balance the digestive strength (agni) with help of diet and herbs
- Digest the undigested food/ toxins (ama) from the gut with help of herbs.
- Remove inflammation with herbs
- As the diet plays a huge role, herbs are suggested to balance the different symptoms involved in conditions like IBS as there is so much variability.
- Weekly or monthly mini detox(virechana) suggested according to the condition.
- Diet according to the imbalance in the doshas (vikruti) keeping in mind the body constitution (prakriti) of the person
2nd/ Balance phase – 2-6 months
- Balance the doshas involved in the health condition with herbs and diet.
- Panchkarma is suggested for best results.
- Stress relieving therapies like shirodhara, takradhara as the mind is involved in these conditions.
.3rd/ Rejuvenate phase – 3-6 months
- Rejuvenate the tissues concerned so the problem does not recur
- Balance the immunity so it does not attack your own cells.
- This is done with the help of rejuvenative herbs and maintaining a balanced diet according to your body constitution (prakriti) as well as keeping in mind the imbalance of doshas (vikruti) that you are prone to.