Too much of wrong foods, incompatible foods, foods that have qualities which are dry, rough, cold will lead to degeneration. So require the following –
1st/ Detox phase- 4-6 weeks
- Balance the digestive strength (agni) with help of diet and herbs
- Digest the undigested food/ toxins (ama) from the gut with help of herbs.
- Herbs for pain management while balancing the doshas
- Diet according to the imbalance in the doshas (vikruti) keeping in mind the body constitution (prakriti) of the person
2nd/ Balance phase – 2 – 6 months
- Balance the doshas involved in the health condition with herbs and diet.
- Pain relieving therpies like patrapotla sweda, kati vasti
- Nourishing therapies like shashtika pindsweda, pizchil, shirodhara
- Panchkarma is suggested for best results.
3rd/ Rejuvenate phase – 3-6 months
- Rejuvenate the tissues concerned so the problem does not recur
- Balance the immunity so it does not attack your own cells.
- This is done with the help of nourishing therapies, rejuvenative herbs and maintaining a balanced diet according to your body constitution (prakriti) as well as keeping in mind the imbalance of doshas (vikruti) that you are prone to.